USCIS will publish final rules tomorrow(July 24, 2019) changing the EB5 program as we know it.
Some of the key developments under the final rule include:
· Raising the minimum investment amounts ($900,000 for TEA and $1.8 million for non-TEA);
· Revising the standards for certain targeted employment area (TEA) designations;
· Giving USCIS responsibility for directly managing TEA designations;
· Clarifying USCIS procedures for the removal of conditions on permanent residence; and
· Allowing EB-5 petitioners to retain their priority date under certain circumstances.
Anyone who wants to participate in this program should act now in order to file the petition before November 21, 2019.