Q&A: Can my son become a US citizen if I am a US citizen?


Question: Can my son get the US citizenship by blood? I am a US naturalized in 2008. He was born in 2007. He was born in Mexico.

NO.  You will need to apply for him for immigration first and once he is in the US as a permanent resident, he will become US citizen by operation of law.