Q&A: How long will it take me to become a US citizen?(6/12/11)


Question: I have enter in the usa from I was 3yrs old I went back to my country in Jamaica to finish school. I went back to usa 2yrs. Now I am recently married to my boyfriend in the states and I we both are working he was born in the usa he is a usa citizen and now I want to apply for my citizen. How long it will take if I apply for it?

Answer: first if either of your parents is US citizen before you reached 18, you may be US citizen already. If not, once you marry and live with your USC husband for three years, you can file N-400 to become US citizen(instead of five years).