Q&A: If my son is a legal resident, will I be able to come to the United States?


Question: I live in Georgia (country).My son is the citizen of the US who was born out of wedlock to his US father. He is 13 years old and now lives with me. I have never been to America. I am a citizen of Georgia. Can my son take me to the US lawfully? How can I get permission to enter to America?

 Answer: Your US citizen son is too young to sponsor your immigration.  You may apply for B2 visitor visa to come to the US if you can convince the consular officer that you have strong ties to your country and you will return after your short visit.