How can I marry my illegal boyfriend if I have two lawsuits against me?


Q: My boyfriend has been in the United States for 5 years and has never been deported or even caught by immigration. I am a US citizen and I want to get married with him. I am not sure where to get married in the US or Mexico. He is currently in the US. Also I have two sues against me. One from an accident almost two years ago and presently another one from one of my drivers for my company.

A: Your legal problem is not an issue when you file petition for your boyfriend. If you marry him and if he entered the US legally, he should be able to get green card. If he entered the US without inspection, he may have a big problem as alien entered the US without inspection cannot adjust status unless protected by 245i or the adjustment is asylum based.