Will I get deported if my husband divorced me?


Q: I have been married for 18 years. My husband has a green card and he did not do anything for me. I have 4 children who were born in the US. What will happen if he divorces me?

A: If your husband does not want to sponsor you for green card, you will have to do it yourself. Based on your question, you may be eligible for cancellation of removal, which requires you to have lived in the US for ten years, good morale character and if you can show your deportation would cause extreme and unusual hardship to your USC children. Discuss your case with an immigration lawyer for advice.