Can my son who is a US citizen take me lawfully to the US?


Q: I live in Georgia (country). My son is the citizen of the US who was born out of wedlock to a US citizen father. He is 13 years old and lives with me. I am the citizen of Georgia and I have never been to America. Can my son take me lawfully to the US? How can I get permission to enter the US?

A: You will have to apply for visa at the US embassy or consulate. Your son cannot take you to the US. When he turns 21, he can petition you for immigration. Before that, you will have to find a reason to apply for visa (such as B2 for tourist, H1 for working for a US employer, F-1 for study, etc.).