Can I bring my fiancé to the US to marry him?


Q: I am an American woman and engaged to an Iraqi born man who has been living in Dubai for the past 15 years. We plan to get married here in the US then move back to Dubai. Can I bring him over on a fiance visa?

A: If you do not plan to petition him for green card, there is no point to file fiancé visa. Just apply for B-2 visa if he can convince the US consulate that his visit is short and he does not intend to live here permanently. He can come here to marry you.

If you plan to live in the US with him, then you can file fiance visa. He can come to the US on fiance visa to marry you.