How do I file adjustments after K-1 Fiancé visa?


Q: After fiancée visa my fiancé would be coming to USA with his 2 grown up daughters. I have heard as soon as we get married in 90 days the girls will be out of status and would not be able to live in USA as an immigrant with father. If it is true what status would they have after our marriage to stay here in USA? His daughters are 18 and 17 years old.

A: That is not true.  After you marry him, they all can file I-485 to adjust their status to permanent resident.  Just make sure you marry her within 90 days of his arrival and file I-485 immediately after the marriage.